The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in our New York Madison Store in New York, NY & will report into the Retail Consignor Group Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consistent outstanding consignor experience, in store, for self booked & walk in Drop Off appointments
- Optimize the consignor experience through personalized service
- Demonstrate active listening & evaluation skills to qualify & nurture consignor relations
- Evaluate prospects against established criteria; routes prospects to the appropriate sales channel
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude with the ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm & collected
- Punctual, reliable & a team player to work alongside our Store teams
- Safely handle & care for all luxury items in-store, from men & womens clothing, jewelry, watches, home & art pieces
- Effectively manage individual store consignor base
- Focus on up-selling all categories of product accepted (Womens Fashion, Mens Fashion, Fine Jewelry & Watches, Art, & Home)
- Responsible for setting consignor price expectations
- Carefully review & process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged & up to our very high-quality standards
- Leverage strong consignor relationships to gain referrals for new consignors to pass to Luxury Manager
- 1+ years of work experience in luxury
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, preferred
- A strong sales ability paired with entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to master multiple technical devices & systems
- Ability to communicate clearly, listen thoroughly & respond quickly
- Possesses a strong attention to detail & great follow up skills
- A desire to work with people, & an understanding of excellence in customer service
- a professional appearance & demeanor
- Basic understanding of brands & artists
- Commitment & curiosity towards expanding expertise in fashion, fine jewelry & watches, & fine art & home
- Physical demands/environmental conditions
- Ability to lift & move merchandise up to 25 lbs
- Flexible working hours, Weekends required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.