Senior/Staff Technical Program Manager - Information Security
New York City
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
As a Technical Program Manager for Information Security programs, you will drive complex security initiatives across Compass. Your projects will range from deep technical improvements such as security assessment, implementation of tools & processes, early warning metrics & instrumentation, to implementing scalable security best practices & putting in place security controls that are safe-by-default. You will look for ways to standardize & ensure execution, efficiency, & consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, & set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear & fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead initiatives aimed at identifying & eliminating security risks for Compass.
- Manage the full life cycle of day-to-day security integration activities including coordination of detailed functional plans, communication with key stakeholders, & issue resolution. Create awareness of cross-functional inter-dependencies & establish prioritization for plan execution to minimize disruption on daily operations.
- Lead internal and/or third-party security assessment, architecture review, & penetration or other testing of the Compass Infrastructure & develop integration plans to include remediation of identified weaknesses and/or implementation of compensating controls.
- Plan, manage, & deliver multiple technical programs that may span multiple organizations & locations (NY, DC, Seattle, Hyderabad).
- Act as a key contributor to the agile practice at Compass & high-level planning, both quarterly & yearly.
- Own KPIs for your programs & the technical infrastructure group.
- Drive security operational excellence & process improvement across the organization.
- Provide programmatic leadership for security initiatives geared towards hardening our real estate platform.
- Create clarity & drive decision making with data & metrics through well-written executive-level & team-level narratives.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Previous experience working on or with an Information security team
- 3+ years of Program Management experience.
- Strong verbal & written communication excellent ability to influence stakeholders & leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams & managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices & technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, & delivery).
- Knowledge of AWS & modern cloud architectures as well as security platforms & frameworks
- Experience driving & supporting data privacy & compliance regulations initiatives
- Enjoy collaborating on threat modeling exercises to help drive better security outcomes
- Self-drive & ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!