Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, & recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization & cross-functionally, helping to drive performance & meet organizational goals & objectives.We are looking for a Marketing Associate to help manage our paid media programs.
This role willassist Mailchimps advertising/media planning, buying & optimization, working with internal stakeholders to build integrated programs that drive awareness & demand, & ultimately revenue. This individual will have an important role within the marketing department, coordinating with our media agencies & key vendors. This person will also regularly partner with the marketing analytics, brand, product marketing, & partner marketing teams to ensure that the departments paid media programs are supporting their initiatives.
What you'll do here:
- Paid Media Program Assistance: Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, Paid Media, collaborate with key marketing stakeholders to develop & execute Mailchimps paid media strategy with a focus on our Paid Search accounts.
- Paid Media Optimization & Reporting: Ensure media KPIs are documented, accurate, tracked & that campaigns are optimized against them. Understand the relationships between key media metrics & be able to tell a story with the numbers.
- Advertising Subject Matter Expertise: Measure efficacy of all media campaigns, with a heavy emphasis on Paid Search. Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech, privacy & branding.
- Media Agency & Vendor Management: Be confident in working with outside media agencies & third-party vendors to hold them accountable. Help to manage media spend & ensure we hit agreed-upon KPIs for our campaigns. Review agency reporting, making optimization recommendations when necessary & track changes & updates to completion. As guided by the Marketing Manager, work with outside agencies, vendors & partners to evaluate proposals & opportunities.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work with the Brand, Product & Partner Marketing teams to ensure campaign strategy aligns with initiative goals, objectives & customer journey. Work with the Product Marketing team to provide media recommendations, reporting/analysis, testing recommendations, & answer ad hoc questions. Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop & evaluate benchmarks & KPIs for measuring program effectiveness. Work with Marketing Analytics & Web Ops to implement & maintain best-in-class tagging solutions.
- Reporting & Optimization: Provide agreed-upon performance reports & analysis of paid media for internal stakeholders. Evaluate Paid Search performance against goals & objectives. Review media budget forecast & partner allocations. Suggest testing methodologies & experiments to improve conversion rates.
- Brand & Product Stewardship: Understand the Mailchimp brand & the value to our end-users, infusing that into all advertising programs. Keep up to date on our Product to understand business priorities & consumer challenges.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You haveMulti channel experience (3+ years) in advertising Paid Search/Social/Display) with a solid understanding of running successful Paid Search campaigns
- Experience managing media budgets of $20 million+ with an understanding of how to drive KPIs & deliver against business goals
- Experience working with external agencies
- You have a strong understanding of advertising programs, SEM principles & best practices & strategies across a number of media channels, with an emphasis on digital
- Experience with SA360, Google Analytics, Conversion Tracking & optimization
- Background in the software space, with global experience if possible
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Deep understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving not only performance, but improving the customer experience
- Expertise & comfort collaborating closely with analytics groups
- Demonstrated experience managing & bringing to market marketing campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented & ever-changing environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with other functional areas & teams within the department & organization
- Strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, & interpersonal skills
- See yourself as a collaborator & consensus builder
- Possess a supreme attention to detail
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.