Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the team:
The IT team is a group of exceptional individuals responsible for successful Corporate Technology service delivery to Foursquare team members globally. This group manages the administrative, logistical & technical support for day-to-day corporate technology functions. They are responsible for planning & delivering integrated information services to enable internal Foursquare team members to access services & information they need, when & where they need it.
About the Role:
This role supports team members by providing prompt response to members problems & requests while managing & maintaining the closing of tickets within Jira Service Desk. This team member acts as the primary interface for the Corporate IT Team providing a positive experience for Foursquare team members through tailored IT solutions. Also, this role is responsible for team members computer & account management provisioning & de-provisioning as well as inventory management of equipment. An IT Associate helps to handle the installation, configuration, & support of network resources including printers & other peripheral devices among many other tasks. This role works all aspects of problem resolution for team members; this includes but is not limited to driving the resolution from IT Support teams, cross-functional organizations, & external vendors. Soft skills above all, we value communication to build a sense of community. In this role, the IT Associate will interface with all of our various employees. We are looking for an emotionally intelligent & empathetic individual to join the team. Using your expertise, as a team member helps us to identify opportunities for continuous process improvements & if needed, partner with other Foursquare technology teams to design, plan & implement a resolution.
- Collaborative & empathetic personality with experience in working with all levels of employees from interns to C level executives
- Experience with Jira Service Desk (or similar), GSuite, & MacOS
- 1-3 years in enterprise IT
- Experience independently evaluating & troubleshooting computer hardware & software, peripheral devices, mobile devices & network connectivity problems remotely or on site.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & meet multiple deadlines
- Experience troubleshooting AV equipment & basic knowledge of VOIP, & enterprise cloud-based phone systems
- Experience in the installation, configuration, & administration of LANs, wireless network along with other basic networking principles
- Ability to use support tools to speed up problem-solving & improve own productivity
- Strong customer service skills, strong relationship building skills, interdepartmental collaboration
- Experience with JAMF Pro, Slack, GSuite Enterprise, Box, LDAP/JumpCloud & AWS a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.