Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
As the Account Services Manager, you will oversee all of Stash's customer on-boarding, Tax, Retirements, ACH, & Customer Service support activities. This hire will work closely with Compliance, Customer Service, Apex, & Operations stakeholders to ensure effective support of clients pursuant to regulatory requirements & Stash's policies & procedures. In order to be successful, the Account Services Manager will need to have a strong understanding of the regulatory environment, including customer identification & anti-money laundering rules, general Tax & Retirement rules & guidelines to identify risk & escalate concerns while ensuring to protect the firm & the clients.
What youll do:
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with Know Your Customer regulations
- Maintain experience & good understanding of Tax & Retirement general industry practices for retail customers
- Develop expertise in the Firms Anti Money Laundering, Customer Identification, ACH, & due diligence policies
- Approve the opening of new accounts through the deployment of rules based models as well as manual reviews
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders & work with third-party vendors to manage & maintain requirements & algorithmic models
- Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise & implement process improvement efficiencies
- Timely & effective escalation of potential issues & devising possible resolutions
- Develop reporting & monitoring framework to identify issues implement efficiencies
- Perform risk-based reviews of client accounts & client account activity
What were looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- 3-5 years in a similar Account Services role. Retail experience in all noted areas a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Excel/Google Docs
- Self-motivated & proactive team player who takes ownership & accountability of projects
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, & a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Interest in fintech, startups, or high growth organizations
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.