Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director, Social & Community to join our Brand Marketing team.
The Director, Social & Community is an innovative, dynamic & nimble leader who is highly experienced at building platform-specific social & influencer strategies that ladder back to enterprise level marketing objectives & have proven business impact. The ideal candidate is an integrated marketer at heart & experienced in crafting & leading visionary brand storytelling that drives differentiated awareness & loyalty. You understand that social & influencer are constantly evolving, highly creative channels, but are also the most direct line to our consumer & leverage this understanding to develop deep one-to-one relationships. This role is tasked with developing social-first strategies & programs that fit within our overall marcom planning, & then overseeing a team of social & community managers that will execute on them at scale. This is a key leadership role in the Brand Marketing team & will report to our VP, Brand marketing. This role will be a hybrid work structure working out of our NYC Soho Office up to a few days a week.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Define vision & strategy for a comprehensive, integrated social media & influencer marketing practice that amplifies our overall marcom strategy & drives tangible business impact
- Create focused platform-specific execution strategies for both organic social & influencer that leverage platform strengths & clearly define role of platform within overall marketing ecosystem
- Implement innovative tactics that leverage consumer insights & brand strategy to build a best-in-class engagement approach that results in meaningful & long-lasting relationships with our community
- Maintain a deep understanding of the always-evolving social & cultural landscape: including competitive considerations, content trends, features & innovations within existing platforms, & a constant eye on the next big thingconsistently driving the right content & platform mix for Away
- Develop & maintain a nimble approach to execution across social & influencer that allows us to leverage these channels to quickly respond to & support business needs
- Structure & oversee a team that aligns with, & can best execute against, defined vision & strategy
- Develop & track the right success indicators to constantly analyze & optimize efforts
- Champion brand strategy, brand aesthetic & brand standards across all touchpoints & content execution
Who you are:
- Have 8+ years of relevant work experience in social media, influencer and/or community marketing
- Youre a creative thinker with deep familiarity of the social landscapealways keeping a finger on the pulse of the category & translating what you see into innovative strategies
- Youre a strong leadersomeone who people want to learn from, work with, & are inspired by
- You love data & have a keen ability to analyze & translate results into action
- You are customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to speak to them at every touchpoint
- You have exceptional communication & story-telling skills that bring passion, energy & inspiration to the forefront
- You obsess over how our brand shows up & have exceptionally high personal & team standards
- Youre a team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Youre passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies to verify vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire