At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched & supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development & launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology & 24/7 live operations for some of the worlds biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, & keeping gamers online.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for games, hyper-scale automation & distributed systems. As a key member of the team, your role will include developing services, features & functionality within our platform that are highly-scalable, idempotent in nature, & resilient to failure. We are breaking new ground in our industry, why not come & join us!
What youll be doing
- Developing new product features from design to implementation & improving our existing functionality across the full technology stack
- Produce high-quality code that supports existing & future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit & integration tests
- Supporting our platform following the you build it, you maintain it mentality alongside your fellow engineers
- Operate within a distributed team & collaborate with colleagues both local & remote
What were looking for
- Prior software development experience with Golang & React (C#, Java, Node or other object orientated language considered)
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas & solutions & discuss them with the team
- Ability to design & reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols & reliability
- Excellent project management skills
- Quality first attitude & approach
You might also have
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- An understanding of container & orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes of Nomad
- Working experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.