View All Jobs
Do you often nerd-out reading through API-documentation & trying to translate that to what the end user experiences? Do you enjoy seeing the work you do turn into a benefit for the company? Do you enjoy discovering details, making decisions, & having an impact on the customer experience? Then youd be right at home as a Business Analyst on our Product team here at Updater!
At Updater, were looking to solve one of the most universally relatable problems -- moving. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, & were growing quickly.
As a Business Analyst, youll apply product management best practices to contribute to the evolution of our technology platform. This position will focus on working with the nation's leading digital service providers of Internet, Television, Phone, & Home Security which are a key part of a customer's move journey. Youll collaborate with world-class startup teams of Product Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, & Sales.
This role will be part of a team of Business Analysts all focused on expanding the Updater customer experience while balancing the providers requirements. This role is the technology face of Updater to the provider & will manage how the providers products work within all front-end Updater applications.
About the Role
- Investigate complex business processes & relationships in order to gain deep understanding of the business goals
- Create high-quality agile artifacts to facilitate shared understanding, including activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, storyboards, wireframes & agile/scrum user stories
- Investigate reported problems to uncover root cause, serve as a technical resource for one or more agile teams
- Outline technical specifications, functional requirements, & acceptance criteria for development & QA teams
- Act as the final decision maker & validation that developed solutions meet the client needs
- Participate in discovery sessions with customers & stakeholders. Collaborate with the Product Owners to develop a detailed & evolving backlog
- Collaborate with other BAs to continually improve existing practices
- Act as technical account relationship manager for assigned client(s); facilitating communications & understanding implications of their upcoming roadmap(s)
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from multiple points of view in order to anticipate needs & impacts
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style. Details are key for technical teams, but everyone else still needs to understand what is happening
- Comfortable with Shifting Priorities: flexibility as business needs change & higher priority work items present themself
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Business Analyst role, working on both internal & external communications. Experience with SOA, SaaS and/or PaaS required
- Tenacity in overcoming roadblocks & getting questions answered. A true self starter who does not need direction at every step
- Expert written & verbal business communication skills, catering to both the technical & non-technical audiences
- A creative problem solver who is not afraid to manage multiple stakeholders & priorities
- Ability to create in the Agile user story framework for clear requirements delivery to engineering & QA teams
- Experience with complex technical integrations required (APIs, web services, etc.)
- Experience with multiple end user platforms including call center and/or online ordering platforms a plus
- Telecom industry experience is a plus
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.