About the Team
The Head of Diversity & Inclusion will be launching & running the D&I function at Harrys. This critical leader will report into the Chief People Officer & be part of the broader People team. Our People team is highly respected by the business; we care deeply about the Harrys team & partner closely with leadership to drive innovation & create an environment where people feel a sense of belonging. Our team is global, so the Head of Diversity & Inclusion needs to think globally too by designing an approach that works for our US, UK & Germany teams.
About the Role
As the Head of Diversity & Inclusion, you will have a platform to have a significant impact on our business & our people. Over the last three years, Harrys has made progress on some D&I initiatives - from sourcing practices to progressive policies to ERGs. However, we have not done enough to support D&I across our teams & are committed to doing even better in the future. We realize that in order to drive the change & progress we aspire to, we need a strong, dedicated team with real experience & expertise who can partner at the most senior levels of the organization.
Within this role, you will define & set the Diversity & Inclusion strategy across all aspects of the business - within our team internally, with our brands, with Harrys partner organizations, & how we show up in the world externally. While we believe an initial focus on our internal team is important, we are looking for a leader who is excited to think about D&I across all aspects of our business. We want to set a bold ambition for D&I at Harrys & are looking for an individual who can help us define that by getting input from across the company & getting buy-in at all levels of leadership.
You will be the first hire on the D&I team, but we expect you to grow the team quickly, based on your vision.
What you will accomplish:
- Conduct an in-depth D&I assessment (including surveys, focus groups, data analysis, process assessments), creating a synthesized report with clear findings, insights & actions
- Create a D&I vision, strategy & goals with specific activities & outcomes based on your assessment, experience & expertise, leveraging proven levers from your toolkit
- Identify key metrics & targets for D&I, including a process to measure & communicate progress to leadership & the broader team, & determine a point of view as to how we share externally
- Launch diversity scorecards with teams, assessing current state & co-creating action plans with leaders, People Business Partners & Recruiting
- Build outstanding training programs, creating content based on your expertise, in partnership with our Learning & Development team
- Influence how our brands show up in the world, providing input into brand positioning, marketing campaigns & partnerships
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create programs & policies to ensure progressive partnerships with suppliers & vendors
- Represent Harrys externally, sharing your expertise & experiences through speaking engagements, panels, articles, etc.
- Be a thought partner for People team & leaders - a go-to resource & coach for advice on D&I topics
This should describe you:
- Experienced Influencer. You know how to gain buy-in with the senior team (CEOs & their direct reports), driving excitement & buy-in to D&I efforts
- D&I authority. You have a proven toolkit with thoughts, ideas, & experience to bring to bear across recruiting, training, working with teams, policies, etc.
- Pragmatically innovative. You have a pragmatic approach to implementing D&I programs. You always want us to do the right thing & try new things. You couple that with an understanding of the practical considerations & nuances of running a global business
- Data junky. You love to dig into data & pull out insights & tell stories
- Delightful collaborator. You are someone people truly enjoy working with.You know how to influence others to get to the best outcome. You are also proactive & roll up your sleeves to take things on & get it done!
- Inspirational coach. You are a go to resource for help, support, guidance. You inspire others through your passion & wisdom
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Chief People Officer at Harrys
- You will work most closely with the People team at Harrys which has six main functions - Recruiting, People Business Partners, Learning & Development, People Operations, Workplace Experience & Social Mission
- You will lead our Employee Resource Group program. We currently have six ERGs that are led by passionate members of our team & create great connections, understanding & programming for the company
- You will work with leaders & team members across the business
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.