Were building a modernized Product Marketing discipline: bringing together the best of traditional Product Marketing with a digital-first, community-driven, DTC approach. This role will lead the development of the function & team, partner with Product Development to build 3-year calendars & innovation pipelines, & build category & product-specific strategies to grow the Glossier brand globally.
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Develop global strategies for our four major categories (Skincare, Makeup, Body, Fragrance), subcategories, & hero products. This will include distribution & growth strategies, & potentially bringing hero products into markets ahead the full brand.
- Identify, test & scale key product marketing levers including promotions, reactivations, resupports, etc. that resonate with our customers & community. Define differences in approach by consumer, category, and/or market.
- Build strategic category / subcategory reporting to track health & performance of our portfolio.
- Successfully launch reactivations, promotions, & new product offerings, working cross-functionally with Creative, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, eCommerce, & CX
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Own forward looking category & product activation calendars, working cross-functionally to brief out on the strategic priorities to grow the core business globally
- Scale our community-driven listening approach
- Champion & drive how we educate & build relationships with our customers & community
- Standardize Product Development briefs & key marketing inputs into development process, e.g., consumer / community insights, claims that matter, conceptual copy, product overviews
- Build out a long-term innovation pipeline with key strategic partners, leveraging consumer insights, community feedback, CRM data, & industry / societal / technical trends
The Ideal Candidate...
- Experienced Product Marketer who is learning agile & believes there are always better ways to do things
- Always willing to learn; interested in trials, experiments, & trying out different approaches
- Plays well with others & is able to influence without direct oversight: this role will need to work closely & in partnership with Product Development, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, Creative, Retail, Community, among others
- Strategic & analytical; data & hypothesis driven. Able to understand that were looking at the forest, but also which trees are important. Scrappy when s/he needs to be.
- Calm in the face of chaos, direction changes, & unexpected curveballs
- Comfortable with uncertainty, & likes to put order & structure around it
- Low ego, cares more about outcomes & team success than individual credit
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.