An exciting opportunity to join the new Sportsbook Trading Team at FanDuel. Leveraging cutting edge tools & both global & local expertise to ensure a best-in-class betting product offering for our customers.
Sports Traders at FanDuel compile & update odds, monitor betting & competitor pricing, profile/segment customers, identify new betting opportunities to offer & ensure a best-in-class user experience for our customers.
The role requires a keen interest & knowledge of NHL & ideally an interest in at least one or two other domestic sporting codes.
Should suit numerate individual with a high attention to detail, a good understanding of betting & sports & ability to collaborate & work as part of cross functional teams. If you are adaptable, well organized, can make good decisions under pressure & enjoy being in the heart of the action then this may be the role for you.
Integrity, low ego, & collaboration are key values in the trading team. The role requires work outside of normal business hours including weekends
- Owning pre-live pricing on NHL including player related markets
- Agility to also price betting opportunities across a variety of domestic sports as needed & attending to request-a-bets for customers
- Best-in-class betting product offering for NHL customers
- Display optimization
- Increase the range of events & markets offered
- Ensuring compliance with market regulations
- Timely set up & settlement
- Identify & remove customer pain points
- Competitor benchmarking
- Operate sporting models to trade matches live across a variety of sports
- P&L performance reporting & optimization
- Continuous improvement in pricing techniques; both on your own pricing & working with modelling & development teams to optimize model pricing
- Drawing insights from data to inform business decisions
Collaborating to arrive at better decisions together. The Trading Team operates most effectively as a collaborative & integrated part of the wider business. This means collaborating with
- global Trading teams to provide best-in-class holistic betting experience & ensure prices in line with trading positions/strategies
- with the Risk team to manage liabilities & to help profile & segment customers
- Customer Service & Retail Operations team to identify & remove customer pain points
- Promos & UX teams to launch innovative new offerings to customers
- brand, PR & marketing teams to create compelling & unique betting content for our customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Betting & sport knowledge
- Time/priority/stakeholder management
- Collaborate to arrive at better decisions together
- Communicating effectively
- Trustworthy, integrity, low ego, agility
2+ years relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree
- An in-depth knowledge Ice Hockey
- An understanding of betting & statistics
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the use of the Office suite most notably Excel & Outlook is essential.
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, mathematics or business -related field.
- Knowledge of minor domestic sports or competitions a plus
- Knowledge of sports betting industry a plus
This position is to support increased DW engineering responsibilities especially around Sportsbook, focusing on but not limited to big data integration, API data pipelines & scripting based automation.
- Implements Big Data integration framework & batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
- Support design, development of all data pipelines required in the data warehouses to help business solve complex business challenges.
- Works on multiple projects as a technical team member & support design & development of data applications, testing, & builds automation tools.
- Codes, tests, & documents new or modified data systems to create robust & scalable applications for data pipeline
- Implements security & recovery tools & techniques as required.
- Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability & integration processes.
- Conducts logical & physical database design & designs key & indexing schemes
- Monitors performance & fine tune any necessary infrastructure changes
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 3+ years of solid data engineering or software engineer experience with Big Data components/frameworks (Hadoop, Streaming, Yarn, Spark, Hive, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, etc.) in large-scale data infrastructure.
- Experience with how algorithms work & have experience building algorithms.
- Experience within large relational Data Warehouse environment, including technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT & reporting/analytic tools.
- Experience developing data engineering using Python, Java or any other programming or scripting languages.
- Experience with RESTful web services, open API development, & SOA concepts
- Expertise writing SQL queries