Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
This Shift Lead drives Instacart's success inside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of in-store staff to create & maintain the Instacart Experience for our customers. The shift lead provides guidance & oversight of in-store operations with direction from the Local Operations Teams to deliver perfect orders every time.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
- Welcome new team members
- Train new & current shoppers
- Encourage positive work environment
- Lead by example!
- Put our customers first by ensuring that orders are accurately & efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate effectively with the Instacart Operations Team regarding store & shopper relations
- Maintain a strong & positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication & feedback
- Act quickly & respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Customer service & retail experience (2+ years)
- Experience working in diverse teams (1+ year)
- Strong motivational & leadership skills
- Ability to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills; organization, planning, & prioritization skills
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY (If you are unable to work on any of these specific days, we do have part-time roles available)
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.