Cloud Data Architect
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, were on a mission to elevate technology & people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning & succeeding is what we do for our customers & colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher youll belong to a diverse & dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, & receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something thats lived & breathed. Our culture isnt a nice-to-have but key to who we are & what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Lets talk.
What will your role be?
The purpose of a Cloud Data Architect is to design solutions that enable data scientists & analysts to gain insights into data using data-driven cloud based services & infrastructures. At Cloudreach, they will be subject matter experts & will be responsible for stakeholder management & technical leadership for data ingestion & processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms & prior experience working with big data tooling & frameworks is required.
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, & loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP big data frameworks & services.
- Work with the product & software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues & support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand & formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create & maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside Cloud Data Engineers, Cloud System Developers & Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customers data scientists & data stewards during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
- This is a senior role, so part of the role will include mentorship of a team of budding Engineers & Architects.
- This position requires travel. Over the course of the year your travel will be <= 50%, but over the course of a month it could be 80% to 100%. The front end & back end of projects are customer facing & require travel.
What are we looking for?
The Cloud Data Architect has extensive experience working with big data tools & supporting cloud services, a pragmatic mindset focused on translating functional & non-functional requirements into viable architectures, & ideally a consultancy background, leading a highly skilled team on engagements that implement complex & innovative data solutions for clients.
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java & Scala
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion & processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure & distributed computing principles
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop & frameworks such as Spark & Flink
- Good understanding of data governance & how regulations can impact data storage & processing solutions such as GDPR & PCI
- Ability to identify & select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational & row/columnar based relational databases
Demonstrable Working Experience
- A successful history of manipulating, processing & extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Delivering production scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills & learn on the job
- Comfortably working with various stakeholders such as data scientists, architects & other developers
Solid communication skills:
- You can clearly articulate the vision & confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: Cloudreach, Customer, 3rd Parties & Partners - both verbal & written.
- You are able to identify core messages & act quickly & appropriately.
What youll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills & expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge & behaviors you bring to Cloudreach & aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business & make a difference to our customers, your colleagues & your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles & grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, & continuous feedback to boost your expertise & give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic & inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness & fun, with managers who listen, engage & empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms & become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health & wellness programmes, & sustain you throughout the day with snacks & drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables & beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: Youll feel immediately plugged in with a brand new Macbook & smartphone for the office & beyond, helping you work where & how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate or two of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination & ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic