Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Lab Manager to organize & maintain an efficient space for research. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Lab Manager for the Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be called upon to make sure that researchers have the tools they need to complete their work effectively. This includes providing training & resources as well as reagents & supplies as needed. You will also work with management to balance the needs of the lab in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Organize lab spaces
- Coordinate purchases of equipment for development purposes & assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Establish & manage inventory of lab supplies, reagents, chemicals, healthy normals, & cell lines
- Order reagents & supplies from internal supplies (warehouse) & external vendors (oracle) to maintain the lab stocks of supplies, reagents, chemicals, healthy normals, & cell lines
- Work with researchers to order new reagents & supplies for projects
- Work with manager to track usage on budgets
- Oversee lab safety & regulatory compliance
- Coordinate & monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan & coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- Work with researchers & supply chain to evaluate new equipment needs, compare vendors, coordinate demos, price negotiation & ordering
- Coordinate maintenance of all lab equipment
- Train new staff & community access users on lab protocols, including safety procedures & equipment use
- Implement & enforce all lab rules & policies
- Coordinate lab services including lab coats, equipment maintenance & calibration
- Ensure a clean & safe lab environment, including general lab housekeeping
- Space planning in a constantly growing company
- Ensure documentation is created per regulatory & quality requirements
- Maintaining lab cfDNA stocks by completing cell media extractions when common cell lines are running low
- Working as part of a team to troubleshoot & answer questions raised by ClinOps & other teams
- Supporting various teams to balance the work load for projects. This includes setting up & running the automation machines.
- 3+ years previous bio lab management or clinical coordination
- Track record of successful negotiations with vendors / suppliers
- Experience maintaining inventory management systems for lab supplies and/or patient samples
- Exceptional organization, communication & management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic start-up environment
- Undergraduate degree in biosciences
- Ability to work nimbly & create systems to manage various aspects of the lab as needed
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented, & an effective communicator
- Ability to drive change from team members across the organization
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.