Market Development Representative
Fastly is a flexible, transparent content delivery network that accelerates & scales websites, mobile applications, & APIs. We do this by moving content physically closer to a companys end users. If youre tweeting, pinning, shopping on Wayfair or ModCloth, reading the news on Fast Company or The Guardian, browsing pictures on Imgur, or coding with GitHub, Fastly is improving your user experience.
The global CDN market is estimated to grow from $3.71 billion in 2014 to $12.16 billion in 2019. With an exciting product roadmap & a fast-growing international team, Fastly is redefining whats possible online.
MARKET DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Fastly is looking for top-performing sales professionals who are passionate about an extraordinary work environment & are motivated to exceed expectations & advance their career in B2B software sales. Your efforts directly contribute to Fastlys top-line revenue growth. As a Market Development Representative, you are responsible for educating, nurturing & developing sales leads into qualified opportunities that will close & add to Fastlys growing customer base. You are focused on identifying opportunities & building relationships with prospects & leveraging your experience to make an impact.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota & metrics, loves the thrill of the hunt, & is capable of building & growing the pipeline of the business.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of something special. Come join us in building a better internet!
What you'll do:
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly & annual sales quota & be well-compensated for doing so.
- Drive Fastlys growth through inbound prospecting efforts, generating high quality sales opportunities that will turn into opportunities & closed business.
- Educate & develop leads through outbound prospecting via phone calls, emails, social media.
- Prospect into target accounts list ranging from the Global 5000 to Fast growing tech organizations; forming relationships with First Line Developers to C-Level executives.
- Be tenacious. Conduct value add follow-up calls & emails until meetings are set.
- Develop & maintain territory & daily plans to maximize & leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours & metrics, & customising scripts to market segments & prospect type.
- Use Salesforce.com to track activity & update account/contact information.
- Leverage LinkedIn & any other media that could generate leads.
Traits ideal candidate possess:
- Experience in a Business Development Focused role
- Proven track record of success & thrive in metrics-driven sales culture.
- At the core you are curious & desire to meet a customers unarticulated & unmet needs.
- Understand their customers industry/business/needs (key to both building trust with customers as well as understanding how to help solve their problems).
- Can get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Have a desire to work hard, exceed expectations & outperform their quotas.
At a minimum what were looking for:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of full-time corporate sales experience (software sales is a plus).
- Proven track record of exceeding measurable goals/ quotas.
- Consistently & repeatedly pick up the phone & call your customers
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
- Fluency in English & either German, Spanish, Italian or Swedish is a must!
- Were a Global Company.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.