The DevOps Team helps the engineers at CommerceHub take their effectiveness to a higher level by offering internally hosted development & operations tooling & support. We provide source control, binary repository management, continuous integration, monitoring, provisioning, log aggregation, automation, reviewing/auditing, & metrics tools. The combination of these tools & services can greatly decrease the overhead of operations tasks enabling the engineer to get back to fixing the problems they want to be working on. Our goal is to offer one-stop shopping, allowing engineers to pick from a collection of self-serve solutions that will allow them to be up & running in the minimal amount of time & not have to worry about maintaining the systems their solutions rely on.
Responsible for the following:
- You like to automate the process of standing up & tearing down environments, & focus on instrumenting the monitoring & metrics required to maintain long-term high availability.
- You are able to context switch from writing a new service one day, resolving an issue with continuous delivery the next, & at the end of the week implement a process for a new team to deploy software into AWS.
- You want to stretch beyond Software Engineering into a position where you can manage virtual environments, configure network appliances, & then write the code required so that you never have to do it manually again.
- You are able to recognize issues with legacy environments & are not afraid to design & implement a new solution from the ground up.
- From code, to compile, to test, to deployment, you are enthusiastic about the software lifecycle beyond just writing code.
- You have experience as a: Systems Engineer, SRE, DevOps Engineer, IT Engineer, or Software Engineer
- You will support the engineering teams with infrastructure & tools for automatically building, deploying & running applications with a goal of 100% automation & observability.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative/Agile environment with other DevOps team members as well as all of software engineering.
- You have the ability to operate independently & self-prioritize work.
- You enjoy learning new technologies & help foster an collegial environment of continuous improvement & innovation.
Our Tech Stack
Historically a Java shop, CommerceHub is also using & investigating many other languages & technologies (Grails, Ruby, Node.js, Groovy). We also support a DevOps culture. Specially, the DPE team is interested in candidates from any background as long as there is a clear understanding of Object-Oriented languages. Although not required, candidates applying for the DevOps team are suggested to have some knowledge of software build & deployment platforms. Below is a list of the technologies we currently use:
- Bamboo, Jenkins
- Git, Mercurial
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- SQLServer, MySQL, MongoDB