Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp believes in doing things differently & empowering the underdog - our guiding principle is Listen Hard, Change Fast. We are a team of over 900 engineers, engineers & artists, misfits & number crunchers developing the worlds leading marketing automation platform that supports 17M customers & sends more than a billion emails a day. Our mission is to democratize technology for small businesses, creating innovative products that empower our customers to grow. Mailchimp is headquartered in Atlanta, with additional offices in Brooklyn & Oakland.
Mailchimps Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This person will provide support for Mailchimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve hard problems & overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a dynamic & sometimes ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You are a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, establishing what is important & urgent, clarifying next steps, & delegating effectively to meet deadlines & achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process & driving improvements.
- Provide project management & facilitation of cross functional team planning
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives & reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, & gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions & critical issues with key stakeholders
- Facilitate cross team interactions & remove impediments
- Lead & ensure all status materials & roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated & completed in a timely fashion & remain well-maintained
- Establish & monitor plans, & ensure the realization of goals & continuous improvements
- As the teams champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product & Development efforts
- Drive people, process, & technology improvement initiatives to optimize product delivery
- Provide process & tools training, coaching, & mentoring for new & established agile teams of varying degrees of size & maturity.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in project management & agile team facilitation
- You're passionate about agile development & have experience using a variety of agile methodologies
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills as well as organizational, problem solving, presentation & facilitation skills
- You have a strong desire to learn & work with a variety of technologies
- You have a consistent record in risk mitigation & escalation procedures
- You can demonstrate the use of project management techniques & tools
- You are flexible & able to change priorities quickly.
- You can lead others through change.
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) strongly preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.