Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. We are currently looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help guide the design direction & user experience of squarespace.com (aka Squarespaces Frontsite).
You will be challenged in an organization that values both vision & execution. You will take ownership of the product space by solving complex problems with thoughtful, elegant solutions. You have a strong background in visual, web, & interaction design. You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, user research, content strategy, & product marketing.
You will be responsible for improving the current experience of squarespace.com, while also developing new concepts to push the experience forward. You are experiment-minded & quick to explore & test new ideas. You are able to consider a wide range of user needs & goals in order to create an experience that aids the users comprehension of the entire Squarespace ecosystem, & empowers them to make confident & inspired decisions.
You will report to our Design Manager on the squarespace.com team in NYC. We are open to this role being remote.
- Design experiences for squarespace.com that are usable, beautiful, & marketable
- Utilize & improve upon existing design paradigms, while simultaneously pushing to evolve our design language & systems
- Create thoughtful, elegant solutions to complex problems, & present those solutions clearly & effectively
- Develop information architecture, sitemaps, & wireframes
- Work closely with engineers during both design & development process
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing & Brand
- 5+ years of experience
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, photography, & animation
- A keen eye for even the smallest of details
- Experience with & understanding of UX methodologies including research, prototyping, testing, & iterating
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.