Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate (FP&A) to join our Insurance Financial Management team in our Los Angeles, CA.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for an Associate who will support building out our Business FP&A function within the Insurance Financial Management team. Key responsibilities of the role include supporting all aspects of financial planning, including monthly & quarterly business reviews for our Insurance business lines.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Insurance Financial Management.
- Perform financial analysis including variance analysis, forecasting, risk assessments & zero based budget planning for the business.
- Evaluate, analyze & present monthly & quarterly financial results relative to budget & other benchmark data including providing commentary for management reviews.
- Support business on financial planning & performance management including annual & ad-hoc budget processes.
- Generate ad hoc analysis as required to support the business including trend analysis, profitability initiatives across various insurance departments & outlier identification including explanations.
- Partner with our Insurance Business, Finance, Actuarial, Medical Cost Management, Data Science & key Functional teams to drive best-in-class financial results including performance management.
- Develop & maintain financial models that communicate actual results, forecasted performance, & variances to plan, forecast & budget
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of finance experience including FP&A experience.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Well-organized, data-driven, & comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint
- Experience in the managed care industry
- Proficiency in SQL/BigQuery to analyze large data sets
- Proficiency working with NetSuite & Adaptive
- Entrepreneurial mindset & ability to innovate improvements to current processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.