We are seeking a hands-on Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to join our Accounting team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated & organized & has the proven ability to adapt well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, & diverse team. Reporting to the VP, Controller, you will have significant responsibility for setting accounting policies, establishing new accounting processes, & working on significant transactions.
What youll do
- Evaluate seller agreements for revenue recognition & other accounting implications & ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Lead the technical accounting research & documentation for significant transactions, such as share-based compensation, capitalized software development costs, & potential financings or mergers & acquisitions
- Ensure the company has mature financial accounting policies in place to support IPO readiness.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand new business initiatives to identify accounting implications & identify solutions to support the growth of the business & drive financial discipline across the company
- Prepare comprehensive documentation of the companys accounting policies & accounting treatment for significant process areas
- Assist with audit compliance
- Assist the VP, Controller with additional technical accounting research & other activities as requested
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance & active CPA required
- 6+ years of public accounting experience at a major public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including advanced accounting concepts
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, & a team player
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.