Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Product Manager, youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. Youll have the opportunity to work on a range of high impact problems related to how Oscar members receive care, focusing on helping virtual clinicians treat & manage health issues by building an innovative clinical platform.
In this role, youll join our Care Delivery product team, which is focused on Oscars Virtual Primary Care experience. This involves building infrastructure that allows us to offer Oscar members access to a virtual provider who can manage their care, with capabilities like ordering diagnostic testing & follow-up care, identifying the highest-value options for treatment based on cost & quality, & closing the loop with providers & facilities to whom we refer.
You will report to our Group Product Manager in our NYC office.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its member parts, & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Defining the business & user goals of a product team focused on helping clinicians understand & improve the health of our members through virtual care.
- Work with engineers, product managers, & other company partners to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
- Produce insights from data & user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience working with clinical workflows and/or virtual care
- Previous experience managing integrations with third-party vendors
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.