NewsCred, the worlds leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a three-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader & a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, & Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, & energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread & butter is enterprise content marketing, & we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed & original content, & comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the worlds biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira & Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaigns get planned & marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content & the robustness of our software.
Overview of the Position
Were seeking a strategic writer & SEO specialist to join our growing marketing team. This role is an integral part of the editorial content & messaging team that will focus on developing & implementing a unified & comprehensive SEO strategy.
Reporting into the Director of Product Marketing, you will manage all SEO activities (e.g keyword strategy, link building), write SEO-driven & highly-linkable content, & contribute to NewsCreds editorial strategy. This position requires a strong writing & content production background, combined with a passion for analytics. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of SEO & have proven experience driving programs that rank well.
What Youll Do
- Research & implement content strategies for organic SEO success
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery & expansion of keyword opportunities
- Contribute to NewsCreds editorial strategy, delivering a high & steady volume of optimised blog content
- Source & manage freelance writers to contribute blog content & provide editorial oversight
- Assess the website and recommend changes to architecture, content, linking & other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Optimise copy & landing pages for search engine optimisation
- Develop link building strategy & implement across blog & core website pages
- Work with the wider marketing/development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on new pages
- Track, report, & analyse website analytics to identify areas of opportunity & drive traffic growth
What Youll Need
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Proven experience with on-page SEO (technical SEO a plus)
- In-depth experience with search & web analytics tools (e.g. GA, SEMrush)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends & best practices in SEO
- Knowledge of ranking factors & search engine algorithms
- 3+ years of content experience
Please note, we are open to applications from candidates across the US.
Diversity & Inclusion
At NewsCred, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace & that inclusivity is more than just good intentions.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, & retaining a diverse community that is representative of the ones we live in. We will hold ourselves accountable by measurable success criteria & will be transparent on our progress towards these commitments.
Our work isnt over when we have successfully diversified our pool of employees; we are committed to ongoing efforts to make NewsCred an inclusive environment for all. This includes providing ongoing opportunities for education, awareness, & partnerships that share our commitment to eliminating unconscious bias & raising awareness about experiences other than our own.
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our How We Work document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, & generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers & direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days & flexible working hours
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially save thousands in interest