What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is seeking a Director of Training & Development to create the infrastructure needed to support our growing Global restaurant facing teams. Youll lead a team of Trainers to build programs that onboard our new hires, help them win more effectively, & continue coaching & developing them throughout their careers. You will coach & develop our trainers, ensuring that they create training that sales & account managers love attending because it elevates their skills & drives results. You will report to the Senior Director of Global Restaurant Operations & Enablement.
What you'll do:
- Develop & drive Slice's sales training strategy for its global Restaurant functions, including inside & outside sales & account management.
- Create & deliver programs focused on ongoing enablement & learning for the entire sales & account management teams - pitch certification, ongoing enablement/learning, playbook creation.
- Partner with Restaurant Leadership to identify & address through training or enablement productivity gaps & prioritize work on key initiatives across the global restaurant teams.
- Design, implement, & manage the Global Restaurant Onboarding Program to efficiently & effectively ramp new hires & promoted reps across a spectrum of roles & geographies
- Partner with Product & Marketing to equip the Restaurant org with the most up-to-date product offerings & world-class resources to sell them.
- Partner with Restaurant Leadership to identify sales & renewals productivity gaps & prioritize work on key initiatives across the global team.
- Gather & relay feedback to continuously iterate on the training strategy.
- Implement checkpoints to assess quality of outcomes & effectiveness of training
- Design & administer post-training surveys to evaluate effectiveness & deliver reports to management
- Implement Slice's first LMS & internal knowledge base for the Restaurant team; ensure system is maintained & content is updated regularly
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years relevant experience designing & delivering sales enablement programs and/or learning solutions
- Experience managing a team during a period of high growth at a company.
- Experience building onboarding & enablement plans in a successful, high-growth environment.
- Consistent & provable history of content creation with specific examples.
- Strong experience in B2B sales or account management training.
- Demonstrated experience & ability to work across Sales, Marketing, & Product to create a culture of alignment.
- A leader who understands & is passionate about how to develop, coach & build a strong team culture
- You have strength in multi-tasking, prioritization, attention to detail, & organization as well as outstanding communication & project management skills.
- Bonus points if you have scaled a training team prior and/or have experience working in the food tech space.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.