About the Job
We want a passionate, driven, visionary leader with a strong track-record of high performance to build & execute supply chain strategies for a category within our Fashion business. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing their own business, as they will be given significant ownership over a portion of Walmart eCommerces Supply Chain operations. This role will work closely with many other people in the organization especially the Fulfillment Centers & Category management.
- Build & mentor a team of associates
- Partner with the Category & Planning teams to meet business & operational targets
- Ensures that orders are delivered on time, in the right amount, to the right place
- Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to our fulfillment centers
- Lead our team through your daily example, contributing to our values & our high standard of performance
- Provide strategic inputs to the team who is responsible for maintaining high InStk levels on replenishment product while meeting inventory turnover targets
- Ensure that seasonal products can be delivered on-time by forecasting receipt needs at the Fulfillment Center level
- Builds strong relationships with the vendor community to drive high levels of service (On Time & In Full) from the vendors
- Reviews inventory levels for a large area of business & leads team in appropriate actions to maintain service levels & thresholds
- Provides recommendations to improve delivery efficiencies, such as improving on-time delivery, offering faster shipping at no extra cost, optimizing fulfillment options
- Resolves highly complex SKU, receiving and/or vendor issues identified within the fulfillment centers.
- Partners with category GM to execute plans & actions to support the categorys financial targets & objectives
- MBA or relevant Masters Degree (Operations/Supply Chain/Industrial Engineering) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in Supply Chain/Inventory Management/Demand Planning roles, preferably with experience in Fashion and/or online retail.
- People management experience preferred
- Customer centered, to deliver on Walmarts promise of saving customers money so that they can live better
- Strong leadership skills & ability to work with multiple levels of management
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
- Always operates with integrity & respect for the individual
- Excellent analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, & constantly iterating to be best-in-class
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.