Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
As a member of the UX team, youll partner with CarGurus UX designers & project teams to create & collaborate on copy for new products & features.
An online portfolio with samples of past work is required for this position.
What Youll Do
- Write, edit & improve copy for web & mobile experiences, interaction flows, user onboarding, notifications, navigation labels, error states, transactional emails, informative landing pages & more.
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process
- Apply our brand voice & tone guidelines to in-product copy so that we read & speak consistently across our product(s).
- Define product content strategy for new products.
- Write clear & concise content across multiple touch points.
- Work with localization teams to ensure the intention behind translated copy is accurately captured.
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, & other deliverables that explain your strategy.
Who You Are
- You have significant copywriting experience with interactive/ad agencies, design studios, or Internet companies & a portfolio that includes samples of great product, UX, email, & mobile app content, including microcopy & push notifications.
- Experience writing for mobile & responsive content.
- A talent for empathetic writing & delivering great user experiences based on user research.
- Ability to think big & understand complex feature sets
- Ability to distill complicated topics into language that anyone can understand
- Writing for internationalization a plus.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or other communication major/equivalent practical experience
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hard-working. We have a great respect for testing & learning, & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.