Have you ever wanted to fight a spammer? Do you like building scalable, asynchronous pipelines? Are you passionate about creating a great experience for your customers?
The Campaigns Delivery team is looking for a backend engineer to help us ensure that Campaigns customers emails are delivered to the right recipients at the right time & dont end up in the spam folder. Along the way youll build new ways to trigger emails, defend our platform against bad actors, & scale our delivery pipeline to send billions of emails. This role reports to the Campaigns Delivery team lead in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop new features into the Email Campaigns platform, building backend services with Java
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of the Email Campaigns delivery pipeline.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code).
- Development experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Experience developing large-scale software preferred.
- An understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable code.
- Understanding of database schema design, caching & scalability.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.