About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, & pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs & last mile fulfillment, pick up & drop off centers, appointment studios, & event & community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, & QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart & soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, & every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand & we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
As the Store Experience Lead he/she will be the right hand for our Store Experience Manager. This role will assist in the management of the RTR Service Bar. This is a management role with leadership responsibilities that will contribute directly to the growth & expansion of our business & are subject to change. You will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! The CX Lead will ensure each & every customer is warmly welcomed & completely understands how the store works & will return to RTR. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn & grow with your team
- taking risks, trying new things & learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect & exceptional morale
- lead in understanding, implementing, & living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where were always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things & where learning from mistakes are valued?
- a positive & collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect & trust?
Reports to: Store Leader
- Partner with Store Experience Manager/Store Leader on building a high performance team of Store Experience Associates with a focus on the RTR services offered to our customers
- Coach & develop associates while providing daily motivation of store team, along with celebrating team successes
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Proactively communicate updates or changes needed to improve operational efficiencies & overall customer experience
- Assist in the training of new hires on the customer experience in store
- Responsible for driving strong customer service score in store including: Yelp & Customer satisfaction score (CSAT)
- Oversee team zoning to ensure all areas are covered in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Present on the retail floor, as a floor manager, coaching in the moment
- Coach & train associates on dealing with challenges & customer issues
- Ability to deliver 5 star service to each & every customer
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit
- Proactively demonstrates a go the extra mile mindset
- Create a positive, energetic environment focused on the customer experience
- Partners with OPS on Outbound/Inbound or Distribution Center related issues
- Able to excel in an extremely fast paced environment
- Able to multitask between various customer types
- Assist customers at checkout, customer pick-up orders, & Unlimited SWAPS
- Awareness of online & in-store inventory
- Able to navigate through RTR systems seamlessly
- Keep the store presentable & organized at all times through replenishing inventory, re-racking & maintaining cleanliness throughout the store
- Responsible for opening/closing the store
- Driving fitting room efficiencies
- Assisting with appointment calendar management
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, & communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick & impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated - committed to RTR vision & mission, & providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the learning environment; uphold company values & policies; maintain the integrity of the content & delivery.
- Trusted Advisor - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, & communicating effectively with an end goal of customer satisfaction.
- Innovator - using your imagination to create an ambiance that excites our customers each & every time they enter the store.
- Problem Solver- making quick & impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that lead to positive end results.
- Empathizer able to see situations from the customers perspective & provide the best solutions that are aligned with Rent The Runway core values.
- At least 2+ years management experience in the retail, hospitality or any high touch customer experience business (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, & performance management skills.
- Technically savvy & proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical & communication skills - verbal & written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance & performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service & revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing & walking & be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Flexible schedule & ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights & weekends
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need