At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician 1, you will report to our Vehicle Service Manager. You will learn how to support our drivers & passengers by providing them with incredibly fast, top quality service so they can rely on clean, safe, well-maintained vehicles. This work requires someone who takes pride in their work & possesses a strong desire to learn & develop.
- Perform basic maintenance & service operations such as oil change, vehicle inspection, tire rotation & replacement, wheel alignment, engine & cabin air filter replacement
- Learn to be one of the highest quality complete vehicle maintenance technicians
- Responsible for cleaning & detailing vehicles
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment on a continuous basis & comply with Lyfts repair, safety, & regulatory guidelines
- Responsible for performing & documenting daily equipment inspections & ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency & resolve complex problems
- Operate a variety of hand, power, & shop tools
- Ability to receive ongoing technical & process training/certifications & learn from experienced Lyft ASE & ICARR certified trainers
- Must have at least 1 year of work experience
- Industry experience is a nice to have but not required
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills (i.e. communication, respectfulness, listening, reliability, conflict management)
- Understands both what quality is & how to do quality work
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, & completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.