Vimeo OTT is forming a new team to establish & scale engineering solutions around automation pipelines for thousands of applications. As the initial engineer, you will have the opportunity to break new ground, building agile workflows & engineering practices. Your goal will be to develop robust & flexible pipelines to support ever-growing automation needs! Your work will span backend services that power browser extensions that automate store submission.
We are looking for versatile software engineers who are process-driven & have great architecture skills & a deep understanding of tooling to satisfy various automation needs. As the first engineer on a newly-formed team, ideal candidates will have built automation around application stores like Google Play, coded server-side applications, & are familiar with OTT development. Candidates should also be detail-oriented & ready to collaborate enthusiastically within an agile team.
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute & sell their videos through our branded websites & apps on iPhone, Android, & more. Were a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, & upholds technical excellence. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Write automation pipeline for more than 8 application platforms (iOS, Android, Roku, & more) that configures, builds, & submits thousands of applications.
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Aim towards goals, such as scalability & maintainability of the pipeline.
- Provide feedback on your efforts & the work of others.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Experiment & discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best possible automation.
- Coordinate with application teams effectively.
What were expecting:
- 4+ years building server-side solutions.
- Good understanding of modern Ruby development.
- Familiarity with other scripting languages like Python.
- Can program complex systems with many moving parts.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.