Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We're looking for a Title Insurance Associate to join a new team within Better that will work to increase revenue, improve customer experience, & get us closer to realizing our vision of a unified homeownership experience. This is an opportunity to build a start-up within a start-up, & you'll be the first teammate of this new initiative. You'll work cross collaboratively with many parties, including customers, external institutions, & other Better teams in a very dynamic role with a high level of ownership, responsibility, creativity & exposure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guiding consumers through a complex process that were making simpler as part of a new insurance product
- Managing the order placement, processing, & preparation of title insurance policies
- Ensuring full & accurate coverage to protect Better's consumers & our work as a lender
- Identifying & outlining new operational workflows & improvements to existing processes
- Finding ways to grow & scale the business, everything from working closely with our management team on strategy to rolling up your sleeves & interacting with customers across the entire lifecycle
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Desire to hold a high impact, entrepreneurial role & have a direct hand in growing a business
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business or Finance.
- Strong communication, organization, & time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility & accountability.
Things we value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.