Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, & through partnership to drive competitive advantage & value for Visa As the lead for Credit Card Products & Benefits, you are accountable for developing strategies by identifying new opportunities for value & process improvement. As a leader within the Strategic Sourcing Organization, you are responsible for developing strong & effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions & regions. The Director will manage all of the Cybersource & New Product sub-categories & have accountability to delivery against department & functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency & the ability to succinctly frame issues & alternatives to drive decisions forward.
- Engages & establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, & drive sourcing strategies.
- Work with Stakeholders to create complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, & navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization.
- Creates a shared vision by embedding & integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
- Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to the Client & Product organizational objectives.
- Perform savings tracking & report realized savings on a continuous base.
- Ensure realized savings ties back to departmental budget.
- Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification through supplier performance management.
- Develop strategy for consistent media mix measurement & monitoring
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations & by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
- A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
- Communicates effectively & frequently, listens carefully, & actively seeks & values the perspectives of others
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive & execute category strategies
- Develop & manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement & innovation
- Support the implementation of Global Sourcingpolicies & procedures.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Solid understanding of Strategic Sourcing & proven ability to articulate a (5 to 7) step strategic sourcing methodology.
- 10+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing preferably in the financial services industry.
- 5+ years leading the development & management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, & insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
- Knowledgeable about contract terms & conditions.
- Proven ability to develop & execute category strategies, as part of a procurement transformation and/or significant process improvement initiative.
- Experience managing internal customers & users of the category's goods or services & experience tracking & directing demand to preferred suppliers.
- High level of self-motivation & initiative, & ability to operate as a team player.
- Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, & to offer new ways to approach old problems.
- Strong relationship-management skills & ability to communicate effectively, & collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights & data
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-15% of the time