Glossiers Manager of Packaging Development will lead development of our stellar packaging components in support of our companys growing product portfolio, on-going innovation & attention to manufacturing quality. She/he will work closely with the Product Development, Creative Design, Sourcing & Quality teams to ensure were bringing the best customer experiences to life. She/he must be detail-oriented & passionate in executing new & innovative packaging solutions to delight our customers.
- Drive new packaging development by delivering on creative design vision & presenting new concepts, technologies & delivery systems across the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, testing, product quality, & design integrity are on time & within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk & global consistency.
- Coordination & testing of root cause failure analysis & corrective action.
- Cross-functionally manage projects across multiple internal & external teams, ensuring collaborative & optimized solutions.
- Support Global Supply Chain Managers with timelines, true cost estimates & risk mitigation plans.
- Advance vendor base for both packaging components & finished good production processes with new vendor qualifications.
- Maintain pulse of industry trends, new technologies & new product packaging.
- BS in Packaging Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in cosmetics or consumer goods global packaging development
- Detailed knowledge of primary, secondary & tertiary packaging types.
- Attention to detail & ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem.
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing & molding processes (i.e. injection molding, extrusion, glass forming, folding cartons, component assembly, decorating techniques, etc.)
- Ability to predict, recognize & define problems, & generate, select & implement timely solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects prioritization & planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership & driving results
- Proficiency using 2D and/or 3D design software (Artios CAD/Solidworks)
- Proficiency using palletization software (TOPS/CAPE)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growth, collaborative start-up environment