KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
The maintenance/electrical technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including calibration, troubleshooting, repairing & maintaining production & facility equipment according to production schedules to support the sites business goals.
- Ability to identify, maintain & troubleshoot PLC's, PLC components, Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, & standard electrical components. Technician may be assigned to specific production lines & related specialized equipment.
- Hands-on experience with industrial electricity & troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, & 24VDC systems.
- Reasoning, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Prevent the downtime of machinery & mechanical equipment by completing scheduled preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, & production machines.
- Maintain Critical Spare Parts inventory; anticipating needed parts, & supplies; placing & expediting orders & verifying receipt.
- Assist with equipment installations & re-alignment.
- Construct, rebuild & repair equipment & facilities including various wood & metal structures & equipment using various fabrication techniques including welding.
- Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical & electrical schematics.
- Maintain & update equipment documentation, drawings & schematics.
- Read & interpret equipment manuals & work orders to perform required maintenance & service.
- Maintains safe & clean working environment by complying with Plant & Safety procedures, rules, & regulations.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills.
- Ability to interpret & understand policies & procedures & relate them to others.
- Able to work all shifts: first, second & third, including overtime to support a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week operation.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years experience maintaining Biesse equipment; training by company representatives preferred
- Proven ability to train others through instruction, demonstration & coaching/hands on all aspects of equipment maintenance, including calibration & repairs.
- 5+ years of electrical troubleshooting & PLC/Automation experience
- Manufacturing experience; hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical & industrial skills.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.