BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Adaptations Lead to join our Video team. The Adaptations Lead will work with the Platform video team & oversee a team of editors that adapt content for our Facebook, IG & TikTok properties. This is a project will run through the end of the year with a possibility for extension. The rate is $31/hr.
- Identify & assign cross-platform adaptations based off monthly slating process
- Provide notes & feedback in a timely manner
- Iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with Supervising Producer to build existing output goals
- Reframe & compile different existing videos to long-form videos
- Support freelance producers with daily management
- Support team with ongoing feedback
- Implement feedback from Social Strategists & Supervising producers to inform team on decisions/strategy
- Help with new projects from variety of teams/brands in the US
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform, including Facebook
- Ability to give & receive feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, & creative at the same time
- Experience working both independently & as part of a small team in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- A creative, enthusiastic, & solution-oriented nature
- Experience interpreting data & applying insights to increase success in key metrics
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently to achieve goals
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, & wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.