Flexport is looking for observability-minded Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. We support our development teams by creating safe support structures for them to build from. Some of those support structures are software systems, but the most important structure that were building is a culture of reliability. We have opinions about how to build & deploy reliable software, & we arent afraid to share them.
As an Observability SRE, youll join a team of experts entrusted with defining & defending the observability standards that help our dev teams understand how their software works in practice.
- Develop, implement, own, & advance telemetry capabilities used throughout Flexports Technology organization as well as the infrastructure & services that collect, process, & store the data.
- Advise engineering teams on observability topics throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Evangelize Flexport observability capabilities across the organization, provide training, documentation, & enhancements to existing capabilities.
- Support the resolution of action items identified during incident response retrospectives related to observability deficiencies.
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced global environment doing Site Reliability Engineering, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
- Production-level experience deploying & maintaining commercial or open-source monitoring tools.
- Production-level experience with AWS & container-based infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.