Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor at Guardant Health will contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners, on a daily basis. Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence & collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You will partner & problem solve with colleagues across a number of business teams, therefore, strong interpersonal communication skills are required, both written & verbal.
- Daily, review the accuracy of all purchase requisitions to ensure proper account coding & estimated delivery times.
- Weekly, reconcile all open purchase orders to ensure timely receipt of vendor bills.
- Assist departments in the creation & reconciliation of purchase orders.
- Assist with the new supplier creation process & changes to supplier banking/taxpayer identification information.
- Weekly, review receive dates against ship dates to ensure the timely entry of receiving information.
- Oversee the daily Accounts Payable activities including, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement & maintain accounts payable operating procedures, workflow & policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines & improve efficiency.
- Process all vendor invoices with accuracy, ensure proper supporting documentation is provided, & obtain invoice & payment approvals to ensure timely payment disbursements.
- Respond to general AP inquiries from internal/external parties with tact & diplomacy.
- Work with suppliers & Guardant Health business partners to resolve purchase order, contract, invoice & payment discrepancies.
- Monitor vendor statements diligently for accuracy & address as needed.
- Maintain vendor files thoroughly & accurately, in accordance with company policy.
- Managed the accounts payable team & their timely completion of their tasks, projects or initiatives.
- Responsible for the compilation, distribution & timely filing of IRS & state 1099 reporting requirements.
- Support general accounting functions including audits, accruals, pre-paids, account reconciliations & fluxes.
- Support the finance team for SOX-related requirements in the purchasing & payable process
- Prepare & maintain Accounts Payable reports & metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to enable our business to scale & maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Support management in completing special projects & other tasks as assigned.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ Years of experience with full cycle AP in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & take ownership of work product. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- A strong understanding of the purchasing process & purchase order life cycle required.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset & passion for end to end design & improvement.
- Prior experience scaling Accounts Payable internationally preferred.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team & take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups & pivot tables.
- Minimum 4 years utilizing a large ERP system, Oracle Fusion (Payables & Procurement) a plus.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner
- Ability to effectively work with all levels & cross-functionally within the company including Legal, Clinical Development & Supply Chain
- Strong organizational skills & ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details
- Maintain a helpful & positive attitude during periods of high volume.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.