The DevOps Engineer is a member of the Systems Engineering team at Tremor Video DSP. Systems Engineering is a flat team made up of engineers working cross-functionally to provide all of Tremor Video DSPs product infrastructure & automation. You will be part of a small talented team that sits at the center of multiple software engineering teams to provide standardized tools & streamlined processes.
These are a few things you will be doing as a DevOps Engineer on the SE team:
- Create CI/CD pipelines in gitlab-ci for testing & deploying microservices
- Work with peers to improve & expand our kubernetes infrastructure
- Help support data & streaming services such as kafka, spark, redis, aerospike & vertica
- Design bare metal & cloud provisioning processes using stacki, ansible, & terraform
- Improve ways to measure application performance using datadog, jaeger, elk, & other tools
- Identify interesting projects you want to take on to improve our systems
We believe that giving our people a broad range of responsibilities results in the highest satisfaction for the engineers & a strong return on investment for the company. We want people who love the idea of working on app testing protocols in one sprint & fine tuning kubernetes internals on the next. Our ideal candidate embraces continuously evolving architecture & wants to play a role in designing how things are done here.
You will be working with our team of Systems Engineers to help architect, build, & support a high volume / low latency platform that processes 8+ billion transactions & several terabytes of data each day. You will have the freedom to innovate & take your projects from test to production in a short time. Low latency is king in ad tech so identifying bottlenecks, sniffing packets, & whipping up dashboards on the fly is key.
We are looking for the following qualities in potential candidates:
- BA/BS in an engineering discipline (preferably CE/CS) or equivalent work in the field
- Previous experience in a DevOps or Release Engineer role working closely with Software Engineers
- Experience with docker & container orchestration platforms (kubernetes preferred)
- Ability to leverage application & system metrics, log events, & wire data to analyze performance
- Experience creating application pipelines with automated testing, rollbacks, & external API hooks
- Mastery of one or more configuration management frameworks (ansible preferred)
- Hands on experience with distributed data stores & data streaming services like spark, kafka, etc
- Scripting skills that support working with APIs & harvesting custom metrics (python or go is great!)
- Good communication skills, a great personality, & a love for working collaboratively