Senior Product Manager, Payments
New York, NY, Seattle, WA, Remote - Full-time
WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
Do conversations about technical system design, optimization, & prioritization make your ears perk up? Do you spend week nights cozied up with your dog, a tasty beverage, & some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking What would dogs use to pay for things... & wonder where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally talk!
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs & want to build things to make dogs happy. Were hiring a Senior Product Manager to oversee our Payments squad. You & your team will be focused on improving payments conversion, retention, fraud & dunning metrics. Youre an analytical & accountable product leader that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, & building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, & youll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Lead a team responsible for Bs payment backend services. This includes our backends for subscription, gifting, & couponing systems. It also includes owning & driving our integrations into 3rd party payment, dunning, & fraud detection services.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, launch, & testing of payment solutions to drive business goals around conversion, margin, & retention.
- Size opportunities & work with engineering to assess costs, then lead the prioritization of projects accordingly.
- Drive product execution with a team of engineers ensuring we rely on data to inform testing, launching, & iterating on our work.
- Define, analyze, & report on metrics that inform the success of products.
- Manage, prioritize, & communicate metric goals, experiments, product backlog & roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders & other Product Managers.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience at a technology product company. preferably working on technical platform teams.
- Experience working with teams to support payments related products & services.
- Experience using data to inform & drive all aspects of the product life-cycle. Must be able to identify KPIs, set metric goals, & use data to inform hypothesis driven experimentation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION:
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to retrieve your own data from our data warehouse using SQL, as well as various analytics services.
- Great written & verbal skills with both business colleagues & technical colleagues.
- Youre obsessed with making dogs happy & healthy.
- Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, & a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time (Not optional. Kidding. Maybe.).
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.