SoundHound builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new & meaningful ways. Today, our voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our products are very server-centric in their design. Almost every tap or swipe generates a round-trip to our servers, & in this role, you'll be one of the senior engineers on a small team building the 'API' system in the middle of all the action. You will push code to production frequently, & your changes will immediately affect tens of millions of users each week.
- You love seeing all the pieces come together to enable an engaging user experience
- Your desire to grow as an engineer compels you to dive into technical challenges
- You love writing & continually improving high-quality code
- You care deeply about keeping the operations team's pagers quiet
In this role you will:
- Build scalable production systems responsible for directly driving in-app user experience
- Refactor code early & often to continuously ensure quality, stability, & extensibility
- Step into new problem spaces & quickly formulate well thought out solutions
- Provide mentorship, code reviews, & guidance for other team members
- Building web services, utilizing Kubernetes & public cloud infrastructure
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience & demonstrated success in working with robust & large scale production systems
- You have expertise in Go, Java, or other relevant languages
- You have designed, built, & maintained API's & microservices
- You enjoy analyzing & improving system scalability & stability
- You hold a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
We would be especially excited to hear from you if:
- You have experience with MySQL/NoSQL databases & public cloud providers
- You have worked with third-party API's or datasets
- You are familiar with multiple public cloud providers
- You have built services with Kubernetes
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, & inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported & can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, & receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, & flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, & culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team & bring your unique voice to our mission!
How to apply:
Please send us your resume & cover letter - tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.