Workers Compensation Claims Manager
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Workers Compensation Claims Manager to our team! As Workers Compensation Claims Manager, you will join forces with the Site Managers of Safety & Loss Prevention to help people get the care they need & return them to work! You will be on the front lines of production & immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, & champion a culture of safety!
- Ensures business is compliant with state specific Workers Compensation regulations & HelloFresh policies & guidelines.
- Acts as the point of notification & contact for onsite safety teams regarding any incident or injury that could or has resulted in a Workers Compensation claim.
- Serve as the team member advocate.
- Point of contact for all documentation regarding incident. This includes internal safety notify & investigation details as well as any health information relevant to the claim from outside medical providers & treatment notes. Health information is limited to medical related to the injury.
- Assess the medical, vocational, behavioral, etc. needs of an injured associate via a combination of face to face, telephonic & written correspondence as needed.
- Provide all relevant documentation regarding work related incidents to Safety, onsite healthcare providers, Leave of Absence (LOA) team & TPA to assist in the determination of compensability, recordability & recording keeping requirements. This includes determining mechanism of injury, work restrictions, & managing the information related to work related injury/illness.
- Initial & ongoing point of contact to internal & external business partners for the duration of the claim.
- Point of contact for all written & telephonic correspondence regarding the claim.
- Communicate with providers, both internal & external to review treatment notes, ask for clarification when necessary, follow-up after initial appointments as well as scheduling appointments in conjunction with TPA if a referral to a specialist is required.
- Ensures confidentiality of Workers Compensation claims records; including relevant health information related to the claim.
- Ensures that the TPA manages the claims diligently, partners with Risk Management & Legal (internal & external) to manage relevant claim details, implement plan for timely resolution of claims.
- Review medical notes as they relate to the claim & treatment to verify appropriateness.
- Review claims together with TPA for causation & possible subrogation opportunities.
- Partner with multiple departments to coordinate & manage Return to Work programs for employees to ensure that work restriction & transitional work guidelines are being adhered to. Provide transitional work letter to associates.
- Maintain consistent uniform records for each claim.
- Maintain & update the transitional work tracker form for the designated sites on a weekly basis.
- Review all open claims every 30 days for opportunities for claims management & partner with all relevant parties on a plan of action.
- Partner cross functionally to proactively address any re occurring root causes.
- Schedule, develop agenda & host all conference calls & claim reviews with TPA.
- Review all medical providers and/or panels annually & ensure HelloFresh is in compliance with state guidelines regarding panels. Where applicable, ensure all appropriate authorization & forms are signed & processed.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in workers compensation claims management & knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- Bachelors degree preferred; will consider high school diploma with 5+ years claims experience
- Preferred certifications ARM, CFE, etc.
- Superior communication & presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.