As a Financial Analyst, youll support the Financial Planning & Analysis team in daily, weekly, & monthly analysis focused mainly on the budgeting & forecasting processes. Youll prepare financial & operational reports that highlight KPIs, identify & monitor trends across the business, help management & business functions with issues & inquiries related to business performance, & assist with treasury & cash management responsibilities.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, analytical, & problem-solving skills
- Pay very close attention to detail
- Work well collaboratively on teams & cross-functionally with other business groups
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment where policies & procedures are still taking shape
- Enjoy opportunities to pitch in & help when necessary, even if it means shuffling your own priorities on the fly
- Consolidate, analyze, & report on financial & business data, incorporating the companys strategic goals & financial standing, with a focus on KPIs & business trends
- Manage preparation & help drive the annual budgeting & quarterly forecasting processes
- Develop financial models, benchmark performance, & analyze business processes
- Understand the industry & competitive landscape & use that knowledge to inform internal financial analysis & reporting
- Analyze special operational & financial projects on an ad hoc basis
- Use our financial reporting & general ledger systems to support internal & external needs for reports & other information
- Help with treasury & cash management activities, ensuring that the company is fully leveraging the capabilities of the existing platform
- Drive process improvement, including increases in functional efficiency & policy development initiatives that positively impact the finance team & the company
- Maintain databases & systems by entering, verifying, & backing up data
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 2+ years of experience in finance with exposure to both FP&A & non-finance business analytics
- Strong foundation in accounting & financial reporting; solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, & procedures
- Experience with corporate finance, budgeting, forecasting, data analysis, & reporting
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Background in real estate or investment banking a plus
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & databases
- General ledger systems & system integrations experience preferred
- Tableau & Adaptive Insights experience a plus
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.