WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Software engineers at BARK contribute to the design & implementation of new features & improve our current codebase. Were enthusiastic about delivering quality software as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. The ideal person gets a thrill from applying creative problem solving, while balancing ambitious timelines & technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team & are excited to collaborate & mentor. Plus, you love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
Our currently open positions span teams focused on subscriber growth, subscription & account management, multi-channel customer communication, payment systems, warehouse operations, & order management. So if you can give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel, or love the sound of squeaky toys as your background noise, come join us!
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces & build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy (and your coworkers too).
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- You have front-end, back-end, or full-stack web-development experience using Ruby on Rails in a professional environment.
- You have a MINIMUM of 2+ years of professional experience (preferably at a startup).
- You can design data models & queries.
- You write tests early & often & enjoy working in a CI/CD environment.
- You care about delivering a good customer experience & align your code to that.
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase.
- You value your own time & others & find solutions to optimize it.
- Must love dogs. Love of dirds preferred, but not required.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC, Seattle & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.