Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player & a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team & help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
Sales agents are on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound & outbound leads for prospective life insurance customers & ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)!The Sales Manager is a critical link between our life insurance customers, agents & insurance partners. Youll be managing our high-performing Sales team, who set the first impression for clients on their life insurance purchasing journey.
- Manage a team of agents & own their individual & team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, & professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team & individual goals (daily, weekly, monthly) & provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- Provide coaching & supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/ticket review & team huddles
- Identify opportunities to improve customer conversion & sales team performance by analyzing data & key performance indicators
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel of your immediate team by delivering on hiring targets set by direct manager
- Ensure compliance with regulation & adherence to Pg quality standards in concert with our quality assurance team
- Work with team leads to handle client escalations, quality concerns, & vendor issues
- Provide actionable feedback from clients & the team to drive process & product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors), focusing on insights & initiatives to improve performance
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience in a Sales organization required
- A sales mindset -- youre motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Experience in selling clients based on needs based & suitability techniques
- Superior analytical skills that thrive in a data-driven environment
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in client & carrier/vendor relations
- Effective problem-solving skills & the ability to prioritize & re-prioritize throughout the day
- A teamwork mindset & strong management skills, including a passion for people, motivating & inspiring team members, & performance management
- Demonstrated sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations & to deliver feedback in line with the Pg model, leveraging empathy & tact
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility & an openness to learn -- you're always raising the bar for yourself & your team
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A positive attitude with a desire to grow professionally & contribute to the success & culture of the company
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license & experience in selling life insurance is a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)