Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Reporting to the Publisher, the Senior Vice President for Editorial is responsible for the health & the growth of four of Vox Medias networks: Vox, Recode, The Verge, & Polygon.
What youll do:
- Directly manage Editor-in-Chiefs.
- Directly manage GMs & other staff embedded on edit teams focused on biz dev, conferences, partnerships, & development.
Manage network budgets with input & collaboration of network leaders.
- Oversee strategic planning for network development & communicate plans with stakeholders throughout Vox Media.
- Establish & track KPIs for major initiatives & make strategic decisions to accelerate those initiatives accordingly.
- Advise & advocate to the Publisher, CEO, & CFO regarding which initiatives to accelerate with additional investment.
- Grow the ambition, improve the execution, & amplify the impact of our journalism. That could include:
- Work closely with network leadership to frame the arguments & essential role of our biggest tentpole editorial initiatives.
- Demand long-lead strategic editorial planning & comms collaboration to give those initiatives a greater chance of resonating beyond our owned networks & impacting the world.
- Internally & externally communicate around the future of our journalism, establishing an ambitious, optimistic internal culture & external brand for our networks.
What youll bring:
- Experience managing remote reports & building inclusive teams for a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- Proven experience setting editorial strategy, steering business development projects, & leading teams within a large, matrixed organization.
- An ambitious approach to expanding what journalism looks like for todays audiences.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.