Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Manager to lead the Technology Development Data Generation team, supporting development & testing of sample preparation technologies for rare variant & epigenetic studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Manager to lead the Technology Development Data Generation team, you will work with members within the team as well as interface with multiple other teams including process engineering, bioinformatics, quality & operations. You will lead a team of 1-3 laboratory staff in the use of existing assays and/or assay prototypes to generate data in support of new technologies, as well as working alongside the team hands-on in the lab. You will plan & prioritize data generation runs in coordination with technology development, process engineering & bioinformatics teams. You have a detail-oriented & flexible attitude & can succeed in navigating the use of early assay versions to reliably output development data.
Experience in development & application of automated NGS assays is a must.Preference is given to candidates with experience in the development/operations interface.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment using automated or semi-automated workflows
- Professional hands-on experience in industrial setting in genomics field is a plus (operational experience is preferred)
- Manage, organize, & prioritize the data generation activities of team members
- Detail-oriented capable planner with a flexible mindset a must
- Create & maintain processes to track multiple sample preparation releases (SOPs, automation scripts & reagents) within the technology development team
- Collaborate cross-functionally to juggle priorities & ensure assay performance
- Identify areas for improvement in assay work stream & propose solutions
- Ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (Design Control)
- Present data, proposals, & progress in various forums
- Foundation in molecular biology techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Sense of humor required
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to thrive in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field & 5+ years of relevant work experience, or MS in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field with10+ years of relevant work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.