Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What youll do:
- Effectively split time supervising the local team of QA Testers 70% of the time, while participating in the hands-on testing 30% of your time
- Create weekly team performance metrics, consolidated bug reports
- Maintain open & excellent communication channels with the other teams across multiple office locations
- Maintain a healthy motivation level & consistency in productivity for the local QA team
- Execute, maintain & improve the test cases/test plans for game testing
- Report & track issues in JIRA
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, & Developer Success to resolve issues as theyre discovered
- Deploy mobile games on iOS & Android devices for testing
- Contribute to the mission of QA, raising the bar of quality for every product through process improvements.
- Proven ability to partner with highly technical engineering teams to raise the bar on quality
- 2+ years of management experience - hiring & managing individual contributors
- Experience testing mobile apps is preferred
- Understanding of software testing principles
- Ability to execute & improve upon existing QA processes & workflows for testing production games
- Experience using defect tracking solutions (such as JIRA) strongly preferred
- Excellent written / verbal communication
- Experience with TestRail a plus
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.