Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, & others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings & the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, & cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your & your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve & communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, & vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 450+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, & one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About The Role
SecurityScorecard is seeking a Vice President & General Manager, Insurance to run a startup within a startup. The GM Insurance is responsible for the growth of products/solutions for the Insurance vertical. The role requires a strategic executive to oversee portfolio management, go-to-market strategy, delivery, operations, & thought leadership.
The ideal candidate has experience managing a P&L, leading high-performing teams (including indirect/dotted line reports), & experience with cybersecurity & risk management solutions for the Insurance industry.
This role is expected to navigate seamlessly internally among cross-functional teams in Sales, Marketing, Product, & Technology to achieve both short-term & long-term objectives.
What youll do
- Overall responsibility for growth of products/solutions across the Insurance business vertical.
- Leverage entrepreneurial drive & a broad strategic perspective to build & grow the business by expanding SSCs insurance customer portfolio & industry partnerships.
- Driving revenue growth by Be the voice of the customer & drive product changes and/or new products with a clear demonstration of financial outcomes (i.e., an ROI)
- Build the pipeline for organic growth by collaborating with sales, marketing & alliance teams.
- Strategically & efficiently address sales/business development challenges by developing & executing sound internal processes from the ground up, & leading teams to achieve targets.
- Recommend & acquire the key resources necessary to ensure success in the target market.
- Understand how this function & team integrates into & impacts the rest of the organization & leverage these resources & relationships to help enable success.
- Establish & maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the insurance industry for the purpose of aligning SecurityScorecards solutions with long term goals of government customers.
- Provide the critical linkage between the long-term strategic plan of the company & near-term new business actions in the insurance space.
- Partner with operational & functional peers to ensure effective use of resources in the business, & collaborate with counterparts across the company, including sales enablement, marketing, pre-and post-sales support, contracts, & engineering to ensure best of breed solutions are brought forward to customers & ensure SecurityScorecard is appropriately positioned for strategic campaigns.
- Identify, develop, & lead talent on the Insurance team (direct reports & cross-functional indirect reports). This includes people management, training, planning, directing & coordinating the activities of the team to drive revenue growth & profitability in alignment with company-wide objectives.
- Direct the establishment of objectives, the development of short & long-range strategic plans & the identification of strengths & weaknesses of business opportunities for assigned sales executives, technical resources & professionals of the Insurance team.
- Assume comprehensive accountability for revenue growth & profit margins consistent with corporate objectives.
- Provide timely & accurate forecasting of developing opportunities, pipeline & revenue on a quarterly basis.
What you bring
- This position requires a polished executive with a results-oriented management style & deep experience in general management, financial & operational responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in an executive level role focused on Strategy & Initiatives in the CyberInsurance industry.
- A bias towards action with the ability to identify key issues, define corrective actions, & drive to resolution & accountability.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly develop & communicate a strategic imperatives to a diverse group of cross-functional leaders of all levels
- Ability to lead & unite teams to provide world class customer service, to make decisions & work collaboratively with others to solve problems
- Significant experience with customer interaction in a business-to-business, & customer service environment
- Ability to work independently; highly motivated & detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop & motivate others
- A bias towards action with a relentless focus on delivering results
- Ability to communicate orally & in writing in a clear, straightforward & professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects & tasks & meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred field
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.