Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names & they collectively interact with millions of consumers. We are looking for an experienced operations manager to lead our global Compliance Operations team. The ideal candidate is comfortable with & enjoys solving complex problems, establishing productive workflows, diving into data & being a builder. In this role, you will work with Product Managers, Fraud Prevention, Legal & team members across the organization to develop successful operations strategies to deliver on business objectives. You will be a subject matter operations & will help evaluate & evolve compliance tools used by your team.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 4+ years of people management experience, preferably in an operations environment.
- You have basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs & data analytics & have basic SQL skills.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills & comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills & are able to present effectively & articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management & organizational skills & are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify & launch process improvements that have a significant, positive, business impact.
- You have experience evaluating operational performance, building forecasts & finding creative solutions to operating constraints.
- You have strong relationship building & collaboration skills.
- You are able to work with remote teams & across time zones to foster a cohesive & creative work environment
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- Experience in technology or telecommunications preferred but not required.
As a Compliance Operations Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD Lead & coach a team of Compliance Operations Specialists who work on know your customer (KYC) vetting, as well as those who work compliance investigations, in order to flag issues, identify potential bad actors & new fraud trends & prevent losses. .
- EMPOWER OTHERS Help your team achieve excellent performance & regularly assess your teams ability to achieve performance goals & objectives such as productivity goals, SLAs, filtering & loss reduction targets, etc.
- Ensure your team has the critical thinking skills, the training, tools, & guidance necessary to analyze behavior & make decisions with a high rate of precision
- BE AN OWNER Establish appropriate enforcement strategies that include account suspension, account closure, & escalation protocols.
- Establish procedures & set SLAs a for the KYC vetting team members & ensure that vetting is done accurately & within an appropriate time frame.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE Identify, communicate, & own process improvements to enhance the productivity & effectiveness of your team.
- DONT SETTLE Collaborate successfully with PMs & team members throughout organization on products, tools & analytical systems used for detecting & remediating compliance & unwanted communications, across all channels in our network.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency in case work & actions taken.
- WRITE IT DOWN Track key metrics, analyze performance relative to industry standards, & communicate the results.
- NO SHENANIGANS Get your hands dirty - learn how to use Twilio products, be able to perform an investigation, understand at an expert level the tools being used by your team, be a subject matter expert in fraud prevention & the metrics that measure the success of your team.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position will be located in our beautiful & well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the worlds current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.