Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
The Senior Analyst of Media Insights will join a growing team responsible for creating insights & narratives around Vox Media audiences & reporting on advertising campaigns across all lines of business. You will be a key member of the Vox insights & innovation group, working with stakeholders across revenue operations, vox creative, & sales teams to analyze & improve advertisers performance, in support of their marketing initiatives. This person will report into the Manager of Media Insights.
Your work will translate into high-quality & actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns & unlock business opportunities. Day to day, this role will include activities like gathering, verifying, & reporting on key marketing metrics & KPIs, generating campaign, audience & vertical insights & implementing & analyzing ad effectiveness studies.
What youll do:
- Investigate audience trends & competitive landscape findings in order to equip internal teams with pre-sales & go-to-market materials
- Act as the main point of contact for campaign analytics & reporting
- Assist with all parts of the research project cycle: develop measurement plans; design research questionnaires; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation & management of research; pull audience trends & monitor campaign performance, providing optimization suggestions as necessary; interpret data, write reports with actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams
- Help inform distribution strategy & planning for incoming campaigns & serve as a strategic performance expert
- Assist in scoping & execution of large scale analyses & thought leadership pieces; innovatively tying insights together across categories & platforms
- Develop expertise on assigned client vertical to be able to execute on non-campaign specific analyses that deliver insight that ties back to the business & assists with vertical development
- Develop strong working relationships & adapt processes/feedback loops with internal clients & assist in handling client-facing interactions that involve education & recommendation implementation
- Develop a deep understanding of all vendors & offerings as they relate to assigned vertical
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed
What youll bring:
- BA/BS preferred with 3+ years experience in internal & client-facing analysis roles
- Understanding of marketers challenges through relevant job experience
- Excellent communication & quantitative skills
- Very strong Excel experience
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required
- Third party research & online recruitment experience preferred (Nielsen, Millward Brown, etc)
- Experience with Google Ad Manager & Google Analytics
- Previous knowledge with analytics, ad effectiveness & data interpretation
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis & metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser
- Data-driven storytelling skills you create & deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & strong attention to detail
- Willingness & ability to learn
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.