We believe teachers have one of the most vital jobs in the world, & were here to support them. What began as a word-of-mouth marketplace where teachers could buy & sell educational resources is now a teacher-powered digital learning platform. Our community of 7M+ educators relies on us for engaging, accessible, classroom-ready materialsand we rely on our team members to continue developing solutions that improve the lives of teachers, students, and, ultimately, the state of education itself.
TpT School Access (TpTSA) is our subscription offering that enables administrators to provide their teachers access to millions of resources without their teachers paying out of pocket. TpT School Access is critical to our goal of unlocking funds for teachers & an important driver for TpT's next phase of growth.
In this role you will help teams understand school & district administrators purchasing behavior, perceptions & preferences around our School Access offering, identify & define marketing opportunities & problems; & conduct mixed-methods research that directly impacts our sales & marketing strategy to improve retention & acquisition.
As the first market researcher at TPT, you will join the larger research team & work alongside UX researchers to influence product & business decisions.
- Define market research priorities in collaboration with the product, marketing, & sales stakeholders to proactively inform key business decisions
- Manage & execute qualitative & quantitative market research projects end-to-end
- Conducting robust large-scale surveys & analyses of secondary data to help us define our market
- Integrating alternate data sources (primary & secondary research, campaign analytics, attribution metrics, etc.) to inform & support research
- Working closely with Marketing & Business Stakeholders to ensure insights are converted to action
- Present research internally in multiple forums
- Manage vendors as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Statistics, Business, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in executing end-to-end primary market research projects (business and/or consumer); preferably in a market research agency, or business strategy consultancy.
- The ability to turn marketing objectives into concrete research plans, then execute independently & efficiently.
- Experience with statistical techniques used for survey design & analytics (e.g., statistical significance, Conjoint, MaxDiff)
- Experience crafting & analyzing surveys, as well as experience with qualitative research methods, & demonstrated experience planning & leading research projects end to end in-house.
- Excellent communication, both written & verbal
- Solid business acumen & marketing orientation
- Endless curiosity & passion for understanding customer perceptions & behaviors.
Benefits & Perks:
At TPT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TPT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TPT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TPT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TPT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TPT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.